Deviants Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For fatcat throwbacks

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Where are the stuffs??
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 9 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:02 pm

how you are ad-profiled!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MooSE667

how you are ad-profiled! Empty
PostSubject: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:29 am

Check it, Yahoo (and everyone else I reckon) uses something called "web beacons" to track all the sites you click on even if your not on a yahoo page, and its specific to each machine, not each account, so every machine you have, you need to opt out of their web beacons,, fucking bastards...if you can't figger out how to opt out, gimme a shout, there are a couple dif ways to do it

http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/webbeacons/details.html
Back to top Go down
Newfygal

Newfygal

PostSubject: Re: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 2:24 am

Moose just what is it they gain from this???
Does this allow them some sort of access to my web banking for example?
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/newf_babe_39/and_friends.html
MooSE667

PostSubject: Re: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 6:23 am

Not likely Newf, I dont mean to throw too big a scare into you, but what it means is, someone is tracking your every move on the internet in order to obtain a profile of your network habits so they can then sell this info to interested parties who will then spam the shit out of you with items that your profile suggests you may be inclined to buy. There is more but suffice it to say, its not good. remember this happens with every browser, and many many websites.
Back to top Go down
Misfitz

Misfitz

PostSubject: Re: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 11:46 pm

TY For that MOOSE,

Long time no see, and I end up saying hi on a 'don't get fucked by the fuckers thread'.

Our home network just about got cleaned out by this MSN worm, do you know anything about how that works? Other than not using MSN I can't find a way to make it safe to use even for the 404's that use it here.

Any words of Sage advice oh great one???

flower
Back to top Go down
MooSE667

PostSubject: Re: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:35 pm

the only way I know of to use msn safely is to use trillian or any other linux IM [program that assimilates msn. I like to use WUBI, because it runs the KDE desktop from within windows as an application, you download it to your desktop, install it and it runs when you reboot by choosing "kubuntu,ubuntu" in the windows boot manager after rebooting, I use kubuntu for opening most of my web based e-mail also, as it won't allow any viruses/worms/trojans written for windows to execute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how you are ad-profiled!   how you are ad-profiled! Empty

Back to top Go down

how you are ad-profiled!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deviants Anonymous :: Shootin' the Proverbial :: What's News?-
Jump to: